Frequently Asked Questions
What is Kick It By Eliza?
- Kick It By Eliza is a 13 round fitness method that is music-driven, sweat-inducing, and kickboxing-inspired. This group fitness class is filled with high intensity intervals, dance combinations, and kickboxing inspired movement patterns. The Kick It Crew interacts during the class, which creates an empowering vibe and community factor!
What is the Kick It Crew?
- The Kick It Crew is anyone who takes your classes and/or a follower online.
Are there any pre-requisites to becoming an instructor?
- There are no requirements to becoming a Kick It instructor, but it is highly recommended that you have a music, dance, and/or teaching background.
Is Kick It By Eliza an accredited certification?
- Kick It By Eliza is in the process of becoming an accredited certification under ACE and AFAA/NASM.
What is the fee and what does it cover?
- The fee is $290/yr ($24/month) and covers a one-year certification and licensing of Kick It By Eliza, as well as the daylong training with Eliza Shirazi.
Do I have to get re-certified?
- Yes, you have to get certified on a yearly basis to continue teaching Kick It By Eliza.
Is there a renewal rate?
- Yes, current instructors will be offered a reduced rate for yearly renewals and subscriptions in different packages.
What happens before the training?
- You will receive content in PDF and video form so you can study and practice the basic combinations and movements and feel prepared for the training.
What happens at the training?
- The training is an opportunity to break down the 13-round class and all of its components. The training will include a master class, educational component, and teach backs. By the end of the day, you will understand how to bring the Kick It experience to your crews!
What happens after I attend the training?
- After you take the training, you are required to send a teach-back video to the Kick It By Eliza team for review. You may need to re-submit depending on edits and suggestions. Once approved, you are ready to Kick It.
How do I get new music and choreography?
- There will be new music and choreography released on a monthly basis and you will be able to subscribe to it through the instructor network. You are not required to purchase every month, but it is highly suggested that if you are teaching, even once a week, that you subscribe to new music and choreography to keep your classes exciting!
Can I create my own rounds for Kick It?
- Yes, but you must submit them to the Kick It team and, once approved, you will be able to incorporate them in your classes. These rounds will also be shared in the instructor network.
Where do I teach?
- Once you are a certified Kick It instructor, you are able to teach the class as often or as little as you would like. You can host classes as pop ups or you can teach Kick It regularly at a facility that hires you. The Kick It instructor network is also filled with opportunities to support and help each other!